Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom
My misadventures in parenting.
Welcome to the inner workings of this North Jersey stay at home mom.
I’ve officially joined the ranks of these majestic creatures and I’m offering you a front row seat.
Confessions of a SAHM is my mom life.
Confessions is no judgement, no drama, no nonsense. If that’s what you want you’re in the wrong place. #byeFelicia (Yes I’m aware that no-one says that anymore. Don’t care.) Being a stay at home mom is hard, being a working mom is hard, being mom is hard. Don’t build the bullshit. As a new mom searching for help and other women who shared my views I found lots of judgment and unnecessary pressure put on moms. I wanted to give women a real life version of messy motherhood.
What to expect:
The truth is mom life is real life. This is simply a no punches pulled look at raising a child, finding yourself again, and all of the chaos in between. I will be highlighting products (not just baby shit), posting recipes, and giving you a WTF of the week. My mom game will be broken down for all to view, leaving you a real time view of what this moms life looks like.
Overview: I’m a born bread Jersey girl with a foul mouth and a deep affection for wine. I live for a good selfie, have a collection of memes, and speak in hashtags. #Sarcasmislife Get ready for bad tv commentary, garbage website reviews, nap time updates, gaudy jewelry pictures, and life hacks.
I’ve never seen myself as the “mom type” and honestly struggle with some of the nuances still. Pregnancy sure as f wasn’t my favorite. In fact, it was my seventh circle of hell. I didn’t immediately fall in love with my son, it took me some time but we’re definitely there now. I’m currently chugging away on year one, stay tuned for how that works out.
I’m long haired, short tempered, loud talking, Italian Puerto Rican woman, complete with gel nails, and a bold lip. 98% of my life I’m now in workout clothes, because let’s be real who goes home after they workout? Ain’t nobody got time for that. The other 2% is spent split between staring in the mirror asking myself if what I’m wearing is too slutty because I’m a mom, and sweat pants. Which is laughable because I have a deep obsession with fashion.
The Stay at Home Decision:
I feel like there should be ominous music inserted here….
Finding out I was pregnant was a shock, to say the least. After trying Then the realization that we needed a new apartment, car, and lastly that working in the Events industry was no longer going to work for me. The long and late hours of the job wasn’t what I wanted.
My husband and I discussed my taking a different position in a different industry, daycare, and finances. Push came to shove and I decided I would stay at home while building my “empire”. That’s right I went MLM. I’ll delve deeper into that choice later. Working my business for a bit over a calendar year I decided it was time to pack up. I wanted to be with my family and focus on my son.
Stay at home sadness:
Being an extrovert staying at home was and is hard. Beyond the difficult tasks of keeping yourself AND an additional human being alive, there is NO ONE around. Feeling alienated and without a rudder I got some post baby blues. Trust me, unless you’re lucky enough to have sahm friends you’re pretty much on your own. Everyone goes back to work, the visits slow down, and then it’s just you and the tiny stranger. This was the hardest part for me, I didn’t have “people”. A lot of the mom groups on Facebook were vicious full of judgement and drama. I am not about that life.
I’ve realized that finding your people is important, SO IMPORTANT. I joined some classes with Dominic, found a mommy and me workout class, and found some of my mom people. Stay at home sadness dissipating.
I’m figuring out this mom shit as I go. 8 months into this mom game I’m lost, I know in 18 years I will still be lost. Trying to keep my sense of humor through the shit, spit, and snot. Daily goal: Remain sane and keep everyone alive. Everything else is just a bonus.
That’s all for now. Stay tuned for more confessions of a stay at home mom.