Confessions Carrot Cake
The only carrot cake recipe you’ll ever need.
Is there really anything better than Layered Carrot Cake slathered with Cream Cheese Frosting? I don’t think so! And if there is, I have yet to discover it.
With Easter right around the corner, and all sorts of other Spring celebrations (baby showers, birthdays, outdoor picnics etc) I thought it was high time to share my families tried and true recipe for Carrot Cake!
Because I like to live by the “more is more” motto, I doubled to the recipe to make a TRIPLE Layered Carrot Cake and then topped it off with a healthy dose of Cream Cheese Frosting. It’s a little/big slice of perfection and it’s a show stopped with all the flowers on top! You can decorate this with any number of toppings – or just keep it simple and frosted. I looooooove to add a flower moment on the cake – it makes it more of a centerpiece AND a dessert basically killing 2 birds with one stone. ON BRAND!
I just know you guys are going to love this one.
What you need:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups finely grated peeled carrots (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease three 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides. Line bottom of pans with waxed paper. Lightly grease waxed paper. Using a large mixer, beat sugar and vegetable oil in bowl until combined. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into sugar and oil mixture. Stir in carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing equally. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and cakes begin to pull away from sides of pans, about 45 minutes. Cool in pans on racks 15 minutes. Turn out cakes onto racks and cool completely.
- Using a mixer, beat all frosting ingredients in medium bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Place 1 cake layer on platter. Spread with 1 cup frosting on top. Top with another cake layer. Spread with 1 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. And more swirls of icing on top.
- Top with flowers and decorations as desired
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave comments on your experiences <3