Confessions: Homemade Snow
Brining the outside inside…sort of
Homemade snow is GREAT as a winter sensory bin activities.. and you only need TWO ingredients to make this fake indoor snow. It is super soft to play with. The kids will absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this. This snow recipe is often referred to as CLEAN MUD too and it smells so good.
This fake snow DIY is a GREAT activity for those cold winter days – when it is actually TOO cold to go out side for long and yet the kids are desperate to play with snow. This homemade snow recipe is wonderfully tactile, super soft and above all NOT COLD!! This is possibly the most perfect snow day activity for preschoolers and toddlers.
- Create a Winter Wonderland
- Get some plastic trucks and get the kids digging away in the snow.
- Or why not add some arctic animals? A wonderful to explore and play with this wonderful DIY Snow. (I ADORE the arctic and penguin TOOB sets you can get.)
- You can also use this fake snow as a sensory writing tray – S is for…. SNOW!!!
- Letter search – add some alphabet letters (we have a set of fabulous Alphabet fridge magnets) and have a game of find the letter and spell a high frequency word.
Let’s get started
What you need:
- 1/2 Cup Conditioner
- 3 Cups Baking Soda (I buy mine online in bulk!)
What you do:
- Pour both ingredients into a plastic container or bowl
- Mix well, using a spatula at first then once clumpy move to your hands.
The end result of our “snow” should have the consistency of kinetic sand, but should feel colder to the touch.
Seriously it’s that easy.
Let me know how this works out for you!