My Magical Friday
Not Everyday Sucks: The Magical Tantrum Free Day
Our Magical Day
Picture it: Paramus 2017, a beautiful sunny and warm day. A young(ish) family walks into JumpinJax in Paramus with no other children in sight. After paying $4.00 for a two hour window of playtime, we all take off our shoes to enter a quiet, clean, toddler only play area. A happy baby plays, explores, and freely crawls around as parents facilitate (as opposed to being in panic sweats worrying about the Coxsackie virus in vain). This magical day continues with eating lunch as a family with NO screaming.
**** To be clear; these places are usually the seventh circle of hell but, it was roughly 95 degrees in the shade so outdoor play wasn’t happening. Plus I go off hours, a bonus of being a SAHM. ****
Does this seem like a fantasy? Well darlings, this past Friday it was a reality. 😮 My family and I spent two, that’s right two, fun filled hours sans tantrums at a play space. Followed by lunch, shopping with Abuela, culminated by an evening without a baby or a husband. Life was good.
The stars align
A few days shy of a full week of solo parenting the stars aligned. The day worked out exactly as planned, which NEVER happens- seriously never.
- Jeff had taken the morning off to spend with Dominic before leaving on another trip (he left the Monday after Mother’s Day and came home Thursday only to leave at 2pm on Friday again).
- I had cancelled our, mine and Dominic’s, usual activities and had arrangements to do some more family oriented things.
- Dominic slept through the night, which is now a hit or miss with his teething nonsense.
- We left our place and headed to an indoor play space at 9:45am to miss commuter traffic but still get in and out before any schools got out.
- Everyone was in a fantastic mood and really enjoyed the magic of the play space. Some more than others.
- We found a cute, and delicious, pizza place close to our apartment (with a liquor license #win).
- Dominic was the perfect level of exhausted to sit at lunch without losing his shit.
- Jeff got picked up during nap time.
- Dominic went down for his nap immediately after getting home and slept for the full three hours.
- My mother came over to pick up Dominic for a weekend long sleepover and help with errands.
As I said earlier…. Life was good.
My night ended with rosé, Split, and silence. It was glorious, actually it was magical.
Not everyday sucks, somedays, in fact, are pretty f*cking awesome.
Details on Dominic’s Friday outfit here.